E-Portfolio sample - Reading Term 2 2018
LEARNING INTENTIONS:
- Use prior knowledge to connect with text
- Check accuracy and the meaning of text whilst reading (ITTM)
- Use prior knowledge and context to confirm author's meaning of words and phrases
When using the “I think that means” strategy, what do you have to do?
You have to unpack the sentence into your own words and convince your audience you know
what it means. there are three scores that you can get 1,2,3.
You have to unpack the sentence into your own words and convince your audience you know
what it means. there are three scores that you can get 1,2,3.
How would you get a “3”?
How you would get a three is by convincing your audience you know what the sentence
means from the start to the end and you unpack it fast and put it all into your own words.
How you would get a three is by convincing your audience you know what the sentence
means from the start to the end and you unpack it fast and put it all into your own words.
What is a roadblock? A word that you have no idea of what it means but you have a go at it.
For example 'gangrene' I had no idea at first but I looked up the definition and this is what I found and I put it into my own words, if A part of the body is black you have been affected by a gangrene disease which causes black crunchy skin which is called gangrene will just fall off and never come back.
:For example 'gangrene' I had no idea at first but I looked up the definition and this is what I found and I put it into my own words, if A part of the body is black you have been affected by a gangrene disease which causes black crunchy skin which is called gangrene will just fall off and never come back.
You are making good progress with the strategy “ITTM”. Your next step is to make sure you explain all parts of the actual sentence with accuracy.
ReplyDelete