Reading - The Cay, E-portfolio Sample - Comprehension, Term 4
Reading -The Cay, E-portfolio Sample - Comprehension
Write an “ITTM” for the following sentences:
After a moment of silence, I heard the sizzle of the water as Timothy doused the torch.
I think that means that after the time of silence Phillip listened to the crackle of the clear liquid as Timothy turned the light off.
For more than a week, I knew he had been labouring over nails to turn them into fish hooks.
I think that means that for about eight days I knew Timothy had been working on top of sharp working tool to make them into fishing tools
Roadblocks! There were many roadblocks for us in this book! Choose at least two of the following words to explain and ‘clear the roadblock’ for.
Alabaster - a soft mineral
Cay - an island
Jumbi - bad luck
Langosta - a crayfish
Malaria - a disease caused by mosquitoes
Write down at least three things Phillip learnt whilst on the cay (for example, about himself, caring for others and life etc)
To survive by himself and look after Stu cat.
You can achieve things even if you are blind.
It doesn't matter what colour skin you are.
Comments
Post a Comment